Sunday, May 10, 2009

Somehow Still Alive at Ft. Dix


Hi everyone. I know it's been quite a while since I've posted anything on here and I sincerely apologize. But really, how can you complain about pictures of my beautiful wife and my super awesome dogs? It's been super busy around here since about the moment I landed. This post will be short and hopefully I'll be able to toss in some more a little later. We have picked up our team members from the Air Force and the Navy and I'll try and introduce you to them all a little later. Each of our 10 teams got 2 members from each service to supplement the Army contingent. The AF and Navy folks are primarily tasked to run logistics and admin, but they are for the most part all very competent folks who seemed to be carefully selected by their respective branch for this assignment and I'm sure they'll get to do more than just office work in the next year or so.


All that being said, I think the first person I'll introduce you to isn't even from my team. He's from another team going to another part of the country. The significance is not only in the fact that he is a member of the Navy like my father once was. It's also not solely because he's a Yeoman like my father once was.





The significance is that he is also a HOYT!!! He's the white guy in the above photo, and the middle guy in the lower photo.




Sorry for the poor resolution. The connection here is pretty slow and a high resolution photo would take forever to upload. I'm going to try and get a side-by-side photo soon here and I'll get that published eventually. There must also be something to do with the whole "what's in a name" thing because Petty Officer Hoyt is a pretty darn high-speed sailor and is definitely one of the top Navy folks in the whole group. The two I picked up are good too - but Hoyt is definitely in the top of the group.

And since some of you like seeing photos of "Army Stuff" I will oblige with a couple photos from our couple days practicing base defense. However since the Army computer doesn't seem to like Google at all I'm going to have to do so in a different post since I can't seem to get the photos to upload correctly right now.
BRB

No comments: