Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas with Jason

Jason did something very unique and creative this year in an effort to help me feel like we were celebrating the holidays together. He had all the presents he bought for me shipped to my friend Amanda so that she could wrap them...and then I could unwrap them. As an added bonus Jason included little notes for each present so I could read them as I unwrapped. It's probably one of the very sweetest things he's ever done...and he came up with the idea all on his own. I managed not to cry while reading the notes...but not by much. I think it was the best I could have hoped for considering the circumstance.



The presents actually had a theme to them. Everything he bought represented something from our marriage. The first gift was a DVD of the movie we saw on our very first date...




The Ladykillers. I would not suggest this movie for a first date. Or any date. Or to ever be viewed again. It wasn't very good. And Jason apologized profusely. Luckily the second date turned out much better, Jason took me to see Phantom of the Opera. So for my second Christmas present Jason got me the book the musical was based off of. I also got a season of the Simpson...because he always gets me a season of the Simpsons...and because while in Chicago I used to watch it pretty much three times a day every day. I was very bummed when I moved to Cincy and realized they only play it once a day here. I was very excited at any rate for another season to add to my collection




That's my excited face. I got some cool, vintage, fifties style salt & pepper shakers to represent our cool fifties diner style wedding reception.



That's me going, 'what in the world are these things!' My second favorite gift was a crochet book of cute little animals. Jason knows I love to crochet and I love cute things. I've determined everyone is getting a cute, crocheted something next Christmas. This is my, 'this is cutest book ever' face



But my all time favorite gift that Jason got me this year was the Office Dundee Award!



I love The Office. I appreciate it so much more now that I've been entrenched in the corporate world for a couple years. And I love my husband for remembering all the things that make me happy like silly plastic awards, cartoons, and handmade adorable creatures.

Amanda and Chad were wonderful, they sat patiently and took pictures of me while I opened and read all my presents. They shared in the moment with me so I didn't have to be alone. And they also got me a super cool present too.



Amanda sells Mary Kay products, so I got a box full of Mary Kay goodies. Smelly stuff, a neck pillow, little sockies, and an eye mask. I wore it all the rest of the night...and I'm currently resting my neck on the pillow right now. Fabulous! But of course Christmas wouldn't be complete unless I let the doggies open presents as well. They would be very upset if I got to open presents and they didn't get anything at all.




So this is normally how present opening goes with the dogs. Sammy rips into all the wrapping paper like the crazy dog that he is while Edar dances around the scene much like the fruitcake he is.



See...rip, rip, rip....scratch, scratch, scratch...prance, prance, prance.

But we weren't sure what Gus would do since this was our first Christmas with him.



Apparently he enjoys the paper much more than he enjoys the actual present.



So now it goes rip, rip, rip...prance, prance, prance...shred, shred, shred. And we're one big happy family.




The toys lasted exactly 5.2 seconds before stuffing littered the floor

And here's what the carnage looked like at the end of the day...

Thanks Amanda and Chad for being such great friends and allowing me to have such a wonderful Christmas with Jason. You guys are the best, and I love you both.
Chicago fun will be coming up next!

No comments: